We only accept referrals from a child’s treating physician, child life specialist, or social worker. If you are interested, please contact your provider for more information.
We are currently partnered with seven different hospitals and/or organizations within the Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA areas. These seven facilities, along with their social workers and administrators, are our source of contact and information for possible dream recipients. We must follow certain protocol in order to obtain our recipients as well as ascertain their medical eligibility to be involved in sports experiences. Therefore, we are only able to receive our recipients and their information through these hospitals/organizations, and not through online correspondence.
Charlotte Region Referral Partners
- Levine Children’s Hospital (Charlotte, NC)
- Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital (Concord, NC)
- St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital (Charlotte, NC)
- The Arc of North Carolina, Mecklenburg County
- DDR – Developmental Disabilities Resources
- InReach – Residential & Support Services Inc.
For more information on Charlotte referral partners, please contact Elizabeth Lindsey at email@example.com
Atlanta Region Referral Partners
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
For more information on Atlanta referral partners, please contact Bryan McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals must meet the medical criteria in order to be considered for a Dream Experience. Chronic Illness is defined as a disorder that persists over a long period of time and affects physical, emotional, intellectual, vocational and social functioning. Common Chronic Illnesses:
• Epilepsy • Spina Bifida • Asthma • Mental Health • Down Syndrome • Congenital Heart Problems
• Diabetes • Cerebral Palsy • Sickle Cell Anemia • Cystic Fibrosis • Cancer • HIV/AIDS
Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities are defined as a severe, chronic disabilities of an individual, 5 years of age or older, that is attributable to a mental or physical impairment, or the combination of both.
Life-altering Conditions are defined as the quality of life which has been altered by a traumatic event that has caused significant physical or psychological damage. Including, burn victims, transplant patients, emotionally traumatized victims, etc…
*Dream On 3 reserves the right to review all situations on an individual basis and determine qualification based on a life-altering condition.